"My fascination with the moving body stems from my dance career."
After graduating from the Classical Dance programme at the Royal Conservatoire, I danced for 15 years in classical and modern dance companies.
After my stage career, I became a dance teacher at various institutes. Meanwhile, I teach about 14 years with much love class. To broaden my knowledge, I started with the (Polestar) Pilates training in 2010. This training has given me a lot of insight. Insight in how movements come about, and how to train these movements with the use of the right muscles. And applicable to all the movement classes I was giving at that time.
Meanwhile, Pilates has become an integral part of my life. I love to pass it on to others in my classes and train myself to stay fit. The contact with people, being together in a studio and helping people find their strength gives me great satisfaction!
The goal of my classes is to create and maintain a strong and flexible body. A fit body lasts longer, prevents injuries and is a perfect basis for all other forms of movement such as sport and yoga.
The classes consists of the following parts
- Warming up, to activate the blood circulation and make the tissue around the muscles more supple.
- Core strengthening exercises to train stability and coordination.
- Shoulder, arm and leg exercises to make joints and muscles more supple and stronger.
- Stretching for flexibility
- Balance, coordination of tension and relaxation,